Alone we can do so little;
together we can do so much.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are CCA’s highest needs?
Does CCA accept used sports equipment?
During the months of June, July, Dec. & Jan. CCA accepts the following gently used equipment:
- size 4-5 soccer balls
- pop-up soccer goals
- youth shin guards
- goalie gloves
- cricket bats and balls
Please email Heather if you have a donation for CCA to consider.
Who are CCA players?
Refugee youth ages 7-19 primarily from Afghanistan and Syria. In addition, American youth whose parents are coaching or volunteering at a high level are considered for participation.
If I coach, can my kid(s) play on my team?
Most likely yes, based on appropriate age and skill level.
When do the different athletic programs run?
Cricket: 9 months
- School year
Soccer: 9 months
- Try-outs for fall competitive soccer teams happen in May (June for recreational teams).
- Both recreational and competitive soccer practices start in mid-August & mid-Feb.
- Recreational games run Sept. to mid-Nov. for fall and March to mid-May for spring
- Competitive games run Sept. to mid- Dec. for fall and March to June for spring
- Soccer teams stay together for at least one fall and spring season (exception would be U16s which don’t always participate in the season during which Ramadan falls).
Girls’ Run Team: 6 months
- Sept. to Nov. and then again March to May (with a break for Ramadan)